The 10yr Fixed Term Pensioners Debenture is open for investment for resident individuals that are over 60 years of age or are retired and in receipt of a pension or lump sum gratuity.
The 1yr Fixed Term Monthly Income Registered Debenture is open for investment by individuals, corporate entities, pension funds and trusts.
The 5yr Fixed Term Monthly Income Registered Debenture is open for investment by individuals, corporate entities, pension funds and trusts.
The Ordinary Deposit Account is open for deposits by individuals and non-profit organisations. The interest rate is variable and is currently at 0.75% per annum.
The Children's Bond Account is open for investment of moneys on behalf of children born in Gibraltar and who are under the age of 10.
This Debenture Issue will be open as from 1st April 2023 and will be available for investment by individuals, corporate entities, pension funds and trusts.
At the Gibraltar Savings Bank we understand that your time is valuable, therefore we have introduced a new appointment service to help you plan your busy schedule.
Maturities April 2023
Maturities for April 2023 instructions.
Interest Rates - 1YR, 3YR & 5YR
The Interest rates are as follows, make sure to check every month for an update!
Frequently Asked Questions
IN ADDITION TO THE APPLICATION FORM, WHAT OTHER INFORMATION WILL I BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT?
- Proof of identification
- Proof of address
- Documentary evidence of the source of the funds being invested
- Bank statement or other documentary evidence of the account where the interest will be paid into
- For investments in the Children’s Bond Account, consent to the opening of the account from the parent or legal guardian is required, together with proof of the address
- Nomination Forms are also available to be completed by the investor. This document facilitates the proceedings in the event of the investor passing away. All nominees must be eighteen years or over. All nominations are subject to the terms and conditions printed in the Nomination Form.
WHAT ARE THE FORMS OF PAYMENT ACCEPTED AT THE GSB?
- Cheques are accepted but must originate from the investor’s bank account and must be made payable to the Gibraltar Savings Bank.
- Bank transfers are accepted when investing in Debentures. Bank transfers are not accepted into the Ordinary Deposit Account.
- Clients transferring their funds from their Ordinary Deposit Account will need to fill in the pertinent notice of withdrawal slip.
- Debit cards are also accepted, however, the funds must originate from the investor’s bank account
WHAT HAPPENS TO THE INTEREST EARNED FROM THE DEBENTURES?
The interest shall be paid out on the first working day of each month to the investor’s bank, building society or Ordinary Savings Account. Documentary evidence of the investor’s account will be requested. For the Children’s Bond Account, the interest will accrue from the actual date of investment. The interest, which will be calculated at the end of each month will be automatically re-invested on the first day of each month. The capital together with the accumulated interest, will be paid out on the child’s 18th birthday.